Mental and Emotional wellBEing issues are rising…..
How common is it?
- In any given year, 1 in 5 people in Canada will personally experience a mental health problem or illness.
- By age 40, about 50% of the population will have or have had a mental illness.
- Anxiety disorders affect 5% of the household population, causing mild to severe impairment.
- Approximately 8% of adults will experience major depression and 25% mild-moderate at some time in their lives.
- Suicide accounts for 24% of all deaths among 15-24 year olds and 16% among 25-44 year olds.
What you can do?
Individually we can increase our awareness and actions to optimize our own mental and emotional wellBEing. Collectively we can do the same by talking, sharing and helping one another. No one has to suffer in silence or feel alone.
To help us we can join an esteemed panel of mental health wellness leaders this May for “a month for the mind“, featuring “Emotions Mentor” founder Rebecca Hintze and “Bend Not Break” founder Alex Boyé, where they honor international mental health awareness month. You will be taken on a deep dive into the intricacies and support of various mental and emotional wellBEing topics including PTSD, Plague of Depression, Trauma and Acceptance, Helping Your Child Release and Manage Emotions, Teens and Anxiety and so much more.
Register now with a donation. Your contribution will be used to help fund mental health awareness and suicide prevention. doTERRA Healing Hands has agreed to contribute to this project by matching up to $15,000.
Stay tuned for more highlights from me on this important topic during the month of May.
Together we co-create a beyoutiful mind to be well now!